Have you ever heard the word tweet among social media sites? No, it’s not the sound that the bird makes but rather it’s the messages that you send and read using Twitter. The success of Twitter is sky rocketing especially for most business owners. Basically, Twitter is a social networking site combined with “microblogging”. What is “microblogging”? It’s the same as blogging although it’s way shorter, hence the word micro. With Twitter you can send messages to your social network using only 140 characters. That’s why it is also referred to as the “SMS of the internet.” Twitter is another tool that you can use for promoting your business and as with any other social media sites, the success is always phenomenal. Here are ten reasons on why you should use Twitter for your business:
1. It’s not time consuming- the problem with most social media site is it eats too much of your precious time. Sometimes posting a blog would require more time to compose but since Twitter only have 140 characters for a tweet; you could go direct to the point and does not take 2 minutes of your time. How hard is it to type “SALE ON MY SHOP THIS COMING FRIDAY! GET GREAT SELECTION OF ITEMS AT A VERY LOW PRICE!”
2. Great more traffic to your site- with a simple tweet; you can have many readers visit your site. It’s also a great way to remind your customers to re-visit your site especially if there is something new. You may even find other people promoting your site for free especially if you have a good content.
3. Immediate- once you send a tweet, you can have readers talk about it right away because they can immediately get it.
4. Research- it’s a great way to get to know what is hot in the market and what do your consumers want. It’s also perfect for asking poll questions that can help you for product development. A well researched product has more chances to sell.
5. Good for link building- you can post a link with your message and link it back to your site. It’s a great way to have them visit your site.
6. Helps business development- it’s a great marketing tool as well as give you an idea on how to gear you business to the right direction. Your viewers are prospective customers or existing clients, the more you can converse with them, the more you get to know what is good for your business.
7. Build customer relationship- since Twitter is a social media site that is made for the purpose of communication; you can be assured that this is a good way to start a good and profitable relationship with your customer.
8. Perfect for sharing the human side of your company- it’s a great way to show you customers that you care for them by heeding to their concerns. Many consumers a hate it when everything is about business and earning money, show your customers that your company is not just for earning but it’s a company with a heart.
9. Building your brand and identity- you can have your post reflect what your area of expertise is. The more you impress viewers the more chances of them doing business with you!
10. Everyone is doing it! – Yes Twitter is so famous that you can easily get a market share just by Tweeting! There are millions of users for twitter and signing up for a free account means you can reach out to those million users. Now that’s a great deal for something that is free.
Joining Twitter is simple and free, all you have to do is sign up for an account and you can take advantage of the benefits that it will bring for you and your business. Get into the action and start to Tweet at Twitter!
Take a look at this tutorial on how to set up your own Twitter account.
If you would like more info on a Twitter campaign click here