Previously we talked about some tips to maximize your Flickr account’s visibility. Things like using your web domain name as your username in Flickr, putting your website name as tag for each photo upload, maximizing the use of your company’s logo for recognition, and proper description of your business in the profile really helps but if you want more ideas check out the additional tips below.
6. Create a simple informative essay about your company’s services, make it as extensive as possible so people know what to expect from your business and pay attention to your design. In this page you could even put your website address where they can visit.
7. Join as many group sites as possible but be mindful of the group’s terms before joining as you may violate some of their posting restrictions. It is always safe to join the same group category as your business interest. You will be surprised at the extensive group categories that Flickr offers.
8. Upload the creative shots of your products and service and company. You maybe uploading hundreds of photos everyday in your page but these efforts would be pointless if the shots does not speak, remember the saying “A picture can speak a thousand words”. Before uploading a particular set of photos, start using your creative mind and think of how these pictures can best describe your company and interest people to try them. No need to hire well-known models to endorse them, just make it unique as possible.
9. Explore the Flickr community. Do not just mind your own site. Check other pages in your group’s site as well as visit a different group and maybe discover some potential. Comment on other people’s photos, especially if they really look nice and can grab people’s attention. Add them onto your favorite’s lists. Honestly comment on their photos. Never utilize this tool to brag about your company because it may get the community irritated. Also you may want to search for other people’s postswith regard to your products and services as you may get more feedback from them for product improvement. Comment on these feedback as well if you like, appreciate a compliment and acknowledge a criticism. Let people know that you are listening and you value their opinions.
10. Use the Flickr blog. Connect your company’s existing blog on Flickr by just pasting some HTML codes. This is a good turnaround tool for publishing the latest news in your company, without too much effort from you. Once you update your blog, your Flickr blog will also be utilized. Allowing, news, discounts, upgrades, promotions and advertising can be loaded to your Flickr network.
These activities can be time consuming. You may consider hiring a virtual assistant help you with these tasks and other social media marketing tasks.
Now, remember as per terms and conditions of Flickr it is against their rules to use it for commercial purposes, specifically for advertising company products or services, if caught your Flickr account will be turned off. However, that does not mean we cannot use it for indirect marketing.